Stránky

čtvrtek 22. dubna 2021

A Place Without Aideen's Light - Chapter 3.

 Ziggy galloped through the snow. Her hooves left deep prints in it. She ran after Athena, who was jumping around and neighed happily. "Come have a look at it!"

"...What is that?" Ziggy asked, weirded out. Athena found a very strange thing. In the middle of a snowy plain, there was a purple structure with a bright green spiral spinning at its heart. The gray filly shivered. She didn't quite know what she was looking at, but she had a bad feeling about it. 

But Athena seemed to be of a different opinion. She trotted closer to the structure and lifted her hoof. "I wonder what it will do when I touch it..."

"Athena, don't be silly! You said we would only take a look!"

But the filly didn't listen to her companion. She stretched her hoof towards the green spiral. Ziggy suddenly felt chilly. Athena's hoof touched the cold emptiness and it was slowly getting lost in it. "It leads to somewhere," the filly whispered. Ziggy rolled her eyes. "Great, that means we can go now!"

"I want to see what's there!"

"No! Something bad could happen!"

However, Athena fearlessly continued. After a short while, her entire leg was on the other side. Ziggy panicked, and so she decided to do the first thing that came to mind. She bit her friend's tail as hard as she could. "What are you doing? I'll just have a look and go right back!"

"What's going on?" The mysterious voice echoed through the valley. Athena stopped in her tracks and Ziggy finally managed to pull her further from the portal. "Don't go closer to that thing!" the voice thundered again and now the brown filly stepped away too.

A strange creature emerged from behind a snowy bush. One would perhaps dare to call it a squirrel, if it weren't for the blue fur. "Get away from that portal while you still can." Ziggy and Athena both froze in surprise when they realised that the mysterious voice indeed belonged to this blue squirrel.

Ziggy made a few steps closer and neighed in delight. "I've never met a squirrel that could speak horsish! He's bilingual, just like me!"

"I'm not a squirrel," the strange guest stomped in disagreement. "I'm a cosmic being far beyond your understanding!"

"...But you look like a squirrel."

The blue creature could not argue with that. He made a few circles in the white snow and then he chirped: "My name is Fripp." The foals introduced themsleves to the non-squirrel as well. Then he straightened his back and looked right at them with his dark gleaming eyes. "This is no place for foals. Especially not with this portal in the middle of everything. I should go back to rest soon, I'm still sick... But I think I should take you back to your herd. Come on, let's go."

Fripp's paws left tiny footprints in the snow and Athena and Ziggy trotted after him. "You shouldn't go back there ever again. That portal leads to a dangerous place." Ziggy nodded in agreement, but Athena was visibly disappointed.

When they finally reached the ned of the narrow path, Fripp stopped. "This is where I'm going to leave you. I can't go any further, I must get back to my rest. Good luck and take care." Athena and Ziggy climbed out of the passage and said their last goodbye to Fripp. But he was already gone. The only thing that remained were tiny squirrel footprints.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat